Sunday, January 5, 2014

Presto Pesto Pasta

Have been putting off blogging for a bit as I've been busy with other things ... but last nite's dinner completely knocked all the excuses out of me.

I got home starving last nite and in anticipation of the goodies Rhea was going to bring back from Saee Koranne-Khandekar's Pantry Staples workshop. Whilst Rhea quickly boiled up some corkscrew pasta I made a brown bread toast and spread some of the Pumpkinseed butter on it as an appetiser. Pumpkinseed butter is touted as a healthy alternantive to butter and I'm usually apprehensive of all things labelled 'healthy' ... but Saee had made this and I'm a shameless fan of everything she puts together so I had to give it a shot. Surprisingly it was quite good and I have to say something I wouldnt mind at all for brekker!

There was also a Vanilla-Strawbeery Jam but I've put that away to mature ... I have always believed that a good homemade jam needs atleast 3 months to develop its tatse and about a year to really come into its own.

The pasta boiled, I quickly sprinkled some superb Portuguese EVOO my friend Sidh Mendiratta introduced me to, added two large dollops of Saee's Walnut Basil Pesto, put two large heaped teaspoons of tuna in oil, and lavishly sprinkled some good Parmagiano Reggiano that a food purveyor fried 'Buff' had given me for my feedback. One good stir and mix later I was ready to eat. The next 20 minutes were spent in happy silence punchuated by the odd sigh as I worked my way through a truly superb bowl of Pesto Pasta. The Pesto was slightly grainy and had a nice texture it coated the pasta well (esp with a lil help from the EVOO ;) ) and the tuna and cheese just completed the symphony in my mouth.



This was a truly truly beautiful meal in minutes ... so superb that I felt inspired enough to get back to blogging!! Thank you, Saee, Rhea, Sidh and Buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment